Executive Director, Ybor City Chamber of Commerce
TBD Salary + Commission / Candidates Please List Salary Requirements
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Experience in supervising staff
- Experience in facilitating events and meetings
- Willing to work non-stand hours, including evenings and weekends
- Operate independently under direct board oversight and supervision
- Possess a strong public relations background
- Represent Chamber brand in a positive manner
- Ability to speak and present in public
- Ability to think strategically and diplomatically
- Friendly, Outgoing, Collaborative, and Professional
This position reports directly to the Ybor City Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors.
- Perform professional level work developing, organizing, administering, evaluating as assigned
- Create, coordinate and implement Chamber activities aimed at achieving goals & objectives
- Seek and develop membership and strategic community partners
- Develop and implement a strategic plan to grow membership and increase revenue
- Manage chamber events including luncheons, after hours mixers, and other special events
- Develop and solicit sponsorships for both the Chamber directly as well as special events
- Seek and apply for grants that promote the mission of the Chamber.
- Create press releases to promote events and other
- Serve as the liaison between the Board and Staff
- Represent on various committees and community organizations, including Visit Tampa Bay, Hillsborough Community College, Ybor City Development Corporation, etc.
- Supervise both staff and contractors including the Visitors Information Center
- Conduct the day to day operations of the Chamber
- Manage all Human Resource functions for staff personnel
- Maintain complete accounting records of the Chamber, to include receipt and disbursement of all Chamber funds
- Manage all administrative work of the Chamber
- Implement operating policies
- Implement and promote the Chamber’s mission
- Graduation from an accredited four year college or university and three or more years of experience working for a Chamber of Commerce planning and implementing public relations and community events.
- An equivalent combination of education (not less than possession of a high school diploma/GED), training & experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to lift 25 – 40 pounds
- Position may involve extended periods of standing and walking
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, collaborative work environment
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Exceptional demonstrated public relations background
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with others within and outside own organization
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of social media platform administration and basic knowledge of website administration
- Considerable knowledge of English grammar, punctuation and spelling/li>
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to use considerable initiative, think independently and exercise sound judgment
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described below.
- Coordinates action where several organizational entities are involved and follows up to ensure that all details are met
- Develops new programs collaboratively with various members and organizations
- Reviews operations, identifies strengths and weaknesses of staff and operational areas, and recommends & implements corrective action
- Resolves problems encountered during daily operations and determines appropriate solutions
- Manages social media to promote events and members
- Gathers data and creates reports
- Tech-savvy proficient in the use of all standard office programs, including, but not limited to Power Point, Excel, Word, G-Suite, etc.
- Performs other related duties as required